Sunday 26 July 2009

Calling all shoemakers - I need new contacts!


I am frequently contacted by clients who are looking for one-off shoe designs to be made, or very small sample runs.

I will only get a factory involved in sampling if a client can place a bulk order -in the 100's for a formal footwear design, in the 1000's for athletic or casual footwear designs, this is because it simply isn't worth the factory's while to make such small amounts of production - they make a loss.

But I do like to help everyone who contacts me and I can if they are happy to work with a shoemaker.

My usual contact for one-off shoemaking is the lovely Trevor in Leyton, but he appears to have vanished! If anyone reading this has an up-to-date number for Trevor, I'd really appreicate it if they could contact me; also if anyone reading this is a shoemaker, with a workshop and has the facilities and skills to pattern cut and handmake shoe designs to order, I'd be very interested to hear from you, from time-to-time I have projects of this nature that I'm willing to pass on.

(Photo credit: Springline lasts)

1 comment:

chips said...

I recently came across your blog and as I am a bespoke shoe maker training in Italy to become a shoe designer I would like to hear more about what kinds of projects that you get if you still do as this post is a bit old. I must say that I also really enjoy your blog if you'd like to contact me please feel free to my email is agnetest@gmail.com