Tuesday 22 September 2009

The problem with thigh length boots....


Thigh boots are on trend. Me being a smug shoenista that I am, I've had mine for a few seasons now. I have to admit, they give you the urge to slap your thigh, like a pantomime principle boy (overseas readers of this blog, you might have to Google it, it's a very British thing). But they are warm and wonderful if you don't like your knees. Although I draw the line at high heeled ones. Too Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.


But, from a retailers point of view, thigh length boots are a nightmare to display. It's impossible to get them to look good. I photographed this one in a store window of Milan. They really struggled with this one didn't they? Perhaps someone needs to invent an artificial bendy leg, quick and rescue these poor vendors and their boots.

No comments: